- Questions, comments, and concerns about Phase II research procedures can be submitted to SWELL anonymously at the following link: https://unc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6kWO6znZvnG43kx
- UNC Emergency Funds
- Carolina Student Impact Fund (https://campaign.unc.edu/helping-heels/) to help meet the immediate, critical needs of our most vulnerable students, with many already facing unexpected hardships. If you know of a student who may need help from the fund, ask them to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Round up of local services: https://sites.duke.edu/covidcommunityresources/category/basic-needs/
- NC unemployment:
- Bill payment relief:
- Broad overview: https://www.bankrate.com/personal-finance/smart-money/what-to-do-if-lost-job-coronavirus/
- Overview of the Federal CARES act: https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/821457551/whats-inside-the-senate-s-2-trillion-coronavirus-aid-package
What is SWELL?
SWELL is the Department of Chemistry’s initiative to promote student and postdoc wellness.
To foster a supportive and healthy departmental community for graduate students & postdoctoral scholars
How we Support Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Curate a directory of campus resources related to health, diversity, accessibility, inclusivity, and more.
- Organize community-building social activities within the department
- Build peer mentoring networks for graduate students
- Act as ombudspeople for all graduate students and postdocs to discuss any concerns and form plans to address issues